A warm and hearty salad made with hummus slathered roasted chicken served on a bed of quinoa and vegetables, making it a light yet filling meal for the Ramadan season.
Method of Preparation:
- Score chicken breast and season. Brush hummus on both sides of the chicken breast and refrigerate for up to 2 hours or more.
- Bring the chicken breast out of the fridge 10 minutes prior to cooking.
- Place the chicken breast on a non stick tray and put in your preheated oven 170 C and cook until the chicken breast is done for about 20 minutes.
- Whisk all ingredients of the dressing together and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Bring broth to boil then blanch asparagus and broccoli together for 1 minute, place in a bowl with cherry tomatoes and baby spinach and keep warm and cover.
- Bring the broth back to boil and add quinoa then simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, dried cranberries and the toasted pine nuts into the bowl with the ingredients then add the dressing and cover for a further 2 minutes.
- Slice chicken breast.
- To serve, place warm quinoa salad in the middle of a plate and top with sliced chicken breast then drizzle the remaining dressing on top of salad.
NB: Toast pine nuts on a dry sauté pan (no oil)