A very traditional middle eastern delight often served with sweetened date syrup…
Method of Preparation
- Place sugar, yeast and a little water and mix well.
- Add flour, salt, cornstarch and some more water and mix well to make a thick batter. Take care not to add all the water at one time, to control the consistency of the batter.
- Cover and set aside for two hours for the batter to ferment and then fill into a piping bag without a nozzle.
- Place all the ingredients for the syrup in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes. Cool before using.
- Heat oil and drop small blobs of batter into the hot oil and fry on medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain from the oil and drop in the syrup briefly.
- Drain and serve garnished with pistachio powder.
- Alternatively, date syrup or honey can be drizzled on the logaimat instead of the sugar syrup.